Are you looking for day trips near Ocean City, Maryland? Our famous beach town is an amazing vacation spot, but did you know that there’s so much more to explore just a short drive away from the popular tourist location?
Maryland’s Coast showcases everything from forests to rivers, local shops, rich history, exquisite wildlife, and of course, beautiful scenery. Ready to explore? Check out one of our favorite day trips you have to experience next time you’re here!
Assateague Island Attractions
Where to begin with the beauty of Assateague Island? Just take a quick detour off of Route 50 and you’ll be transported to an island brought to life by sandy beaches, salt marshes, native wildlife, and breath-taking waves.
On the Way:
- Stop by the Sinepuxent Brewing Company tasting room on the 17-acre farm. Enjoy a farmhouse ale with notes of their own farm-grown strawberries, blueberries, and apples as well as grains from across the mid-Atlantic region.
- Assateague farms is the perfect spot to pick up firewood if you forgot to bring your own for a beach campfire and grab some fresh, local produce to go with lunch!
- Assateague Island Surf Shop has everything you need for the beach, along with made-to-order acai bowls, smoothies, and sandwiches.
When You’re There:
- The National Bayside Recreation Area is great for families with small children to explore calmer waters or canoe and kayak through the private area.
- The National Seashore and State Park are popular destinations to enjoy surfing, swimming, camping, beach fires, sunbathing, and so much more. If you’re lucky, you’ll catch a glimpse of the wild ponies that love to gallop around the pristine beach.
- Bring all members of the family! Dogs are permitted in specific areas on the National Seashore.
On the Way Back:
- Need to stop for dinner? Smoker’s BBQ Pit is known for on-site, real wood smoking pork, beef, chicken, and fish, and southern flare side dishes.
- What about dessert? The newest talk of the town is Build Your Own Cookie! Warm homemade cookies with ice cream and your choice of toppings… what could be better?
So what will you do first? Check out Maryland’s Coast for more adventures and places to explore in Worcester County. We can’t wait to share our beautiful home with you, naturally!